It is currently Sun 16 Dec 2018 07:34

Dropping out of legend

The place to ask questions and report bugs.
  • Author

mperor

Re: Dropping out of legend...still broken

PostTue 5 Apr 2016 06:54

Moocow wrote:Aconite, westhampters, avahad, titoff, reivuolel. Those were my 5 today...way too tough. I beat 2 of them by guile, but those teams are FAR better then mine. The matchmaking needs to take into account both player and character levels, along with skill levels. It CLEARLY does not.

Come one, this is really asked a little bit too much. I don't know your level and skills, but if you won 2 matches by guile you can't be too bad. And two matches is good for a start, isn't it. You can still skip opponents. Even I don't face high end elf teams yet.

Re: Dropping out of legend

PostTue 5 Apr 2016 10:26

Skipping just gets you teams that look the same. It's a waste of 10k, and I can't waste 10k. Ever.

Yeah, today I won 2. Usually it's 0.

Legend is sorta stupid. There's LEGEND, and then there's my kind of legend, which is far from legendary. I'd surmise it's rather easy for someone like you to be cavalier about this issue...

mperor

PostTue 5 Apr 2016 11:53

Just saying that in my opinion you want too many variables included in the matchmaking mechanism. I doubt such a change is feasible.

Gozlekipu

PostTue 5 Apr 2016 13:06

Moocow, could you please give your level and players color ?
Sometmes a short illustration shows more than a long story.

But I'll agree with you at the end.
There is a gap between your level and end-game level, a gap we didn't face 'cause we always won every legend match.
Now we earn some 250k and 120 diamonds à day, and we should expect YOU to close that gap ?
That's pretty crazy.
Chances are greater for you to drop out that going forward.

I don't agree with mperor BTW. That's easy to get a decent algorithm. I know, that's my job.
I'll try to write one myself today.

Moocow

PostWed 6 Apr 2016 02:47

My orc team is purple and blue, level 40s. I have a skaven team as well with levels in the 60s, pink, purple and blue. I stopped using the orcs because they were getting crushed, and the skavens have had some luck getting through sometimes because of the speed factor.

I don't expect the gap to be closed; the endgame players should be dominating my team. I do think the game should be able to account for level and skill. Marvel Puzzle Quest does it, so it's certainly possible.

Incidentally, went 1 for 5 today. Got sneaky with one, and faced all lvl 100 except for 1, who was 93 and still kicked my butt. Got to face Razman as well. If there's an algorithm making Razman face me, that's a broken algorithm.

Gozlekipu

PostWed 6 Apr 2016 22:03

That's what I though. Making you meet end-game teams is a nonsense imho.
Facing a lvl 100 yellow team with a lvl 40 purple/blue... Where's the match ? You just may rely on luck or guile.

BTW, as I "promised" (to myself mostly), I wrote a "little" algorithm here :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146&p=1069#p1069

Moocow

PostSat 9 Apr 2016 14:28

Still facing mostly level 100 players. Had one level high 80s with players all high 80s skill. Got crushed. Faced one easier team and beat them

The algorithm sucks. Are you planning on changing it ever to match more evenly matched players, or does this app get the double thumbs down and get removed?

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 02:11

1 for 5 today. 1 good opponent, 4 ridiculous. Good thing the developers care that the algorithm seems to be making awesome matchups.

Moocow

PostSun 26 Jun 2016 00:50

4 level 100, including one who had 3 yellows and 2 oranges. Someone let me know when the adjustment that's supposed to help with this kicks in?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun 26 Jun 2016 00:50.
Previous

Return to Support