It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 18:15

Balance update: Skaven and Wood Elf

• Author

Dr.Ido

Balance update: Skaven and Wood Elf

PostMon 15 Feb 2016 17:10

Hello everyone,

As we announced last friday, we made some changes in the stats of Skaven and Wood Elf players. We want to avoid changing too much at the same time, in order to be able to watch what happens with each change. So for we focused on 4 player types and only increased ST and/or AR:

Skaven:
Gutter runners: Kweyj gets +20 ST at all level, Kwetzh and Nizkeh get +25 ST, and Tsalk, the 4 stars Gutter Runner, gets +30 ST at all levels. Keep in mind that their AR are still quite low, so don't expect them to be able to force their way to the TD all by themselves.

Blitzers: Deeych get +10 ST and +30 AR at all levels, Slintk gets +5 ST and +40 AR and Kweych, the 5 stars Blitzer, gets +20 AR.

Wood Elves:
Wardancers : Mahtarathel, Luaice and Naiethanel get +5 ST and +20 AR at all levels. JordellFreshbreeze, the 5 stars Wardancer, gets +20 ST but no AR increase.

Catchers: LorSehenlu gets +10 ST, Berethellion gets +5 ST and EldrilSidewinder the 4 stars Catcher, gets +10 ST and +30 AR.

We hope that theses changes will bring more diversity in the multiplayers games. More balancing updates will come in the future, but first we need to monitor the effect of this one.

Have fun!

smithsboys

Re: Balance update: Skaven and Wood Elf

PostMon 15 Feb 2016 17:31

Changes look good to me. Nice to see a buff to Jordell given his lore within the tabletop version.

mperor

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 15:54

I think it's a nice start, but I can't see how these changes are going to reflect on current gameplay. Even with those upgrades my top skaven and elves teams are no match for any mediocre human or orc team. It might be different with high end skaven or elves teams, but I can't see how to get one of those in the next months as I will still be grinding human and orc tokens in the next time to get these two teams all yellow. And there are still Morg's, Gerhard's, Ripper's and Varag's vs. all skills for which both skaven and elves seem to have no cure.

Aconite

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 16:17

I did meet a high end Elf team in league, decided to play them, and they smashed my humans... Another one to add to the skip list... But bodes well that high end elf can beat humans, so hopefully everything will even out over time.

mperor

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 17:22

What's the name? I'd like to meet them too! :D

Aconite

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 18:00

mperor wrote:What's the name? I'd like to meet them too! :D

Can't remember, was a couple of days ago. Shortly after I had a day where I couldn't play so had fewer medals (fewer medals seems to give different opponents, rather than the expected few, possibly like the lower league matchings).

bowdy

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 21:26

Titoff - switch to Orcs vs them and they are quite easy.

Gozlekipu

PostTue 16 Feb 2016 22:41

Stats balance is a good thing.
Skills balance is a beter one :)

-Ar/St on hit does not work, +Ag is useless, as well as -Mo. That's the point.

But that's a good thing, for sure!

mperor

PostSun 21 Feb 2016 10:39

bowdy wrote:Titoff - switch to Orcs vs them and they are quite easy.

My orcs team lost against them. I'm impressed. The first time I didn't get 5 medals for months.

smithsboys

PostSun 21 Feb 2016 18:49

Yer the buff to the around on hit skills and default stats really buffed the Wood elves makes them quite deadly. They are feel like a well rounded team now.
Next

Return to News