It is currently Tue 17 Oct 2017 22:48

Upcoming update: Skills

• Author

smithsboys

Re: Upcoming update: Skills

PostTue 23 Feb 2016 20:27

Wow this update is a big change. I really like that you made the throwers like the 'global buff' guys, its a good use for them.

There is now a real choice between choosing your hard guys or your weaker guys that do like '+ar to all'.

bowdy

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 01:06

It's true, I'm now looking at my gutter runners and thinking. They look good now.

Personally I think it only right that lower star players are a little weaker.

Gozlekipu

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 09:23

bowdy wrote:Personally I think it only right that lower star players are a little weaker.

Why make them even weaker ? They already never put a foot on a field ^^ Delete them instead, that would be the same :)

Dr.Ido

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 12:21

Just to clarify, we didn't make the low stars players weaker. If anything they are now stronger than before. The bulk of the "not so useful" skills where on low stars players, while high stars players had mosly AR/ST related skills.

When we replace the AG/MO and throw/catch skills by AR/ST related skills we gave a huge boost to these low star players. We want new managers to be excited to use and level up the skill of their first players, which was not the case before the change.

In order to keep the difference between low and high star players that existed before the change, we had to adjust the effect, we could have gone 2 ways, either keeping the effect as it is on high star player and lower the effects for low star players or, do what we did, increase the effect for high star players.

I really think that this change is a huge improvement for 1-3 stars players and a "nice but not game changing" improvement for most 4-5 stars players (there are some exceptions, as always).

bowdy

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 17:42

Gozlekipu wrote:
bowdy wrote:Personally I think it only right that lower star players are a little weaker.

Why make them even weaker ? They already never put a foot on a field ^^ Delete them instead, that would be the same :)

I didn't say make them even weaker. I said lower stars should be a little weaker - than higher star players. Quite a difference.

Otherwise why would you bother unlocking them, them being so much more difficult to evolve?

henkus

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 18:36

As suggested before, printing the actual effect of each skill would be very helpful. Of course, each coach can check this on their own by calculating the effects in each match, but that's very time-consuming work. Please either print the formula for each skill in-game, or publish the formulas on the forum/in the help-document linked from game.
A new player could not easily know what's best, a start-effect, a knock-down-effect a hit-effect, since they can't tell the magnitude of the effect.

smithsboys

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 18:55

Yes it does seem, at a glance anyway that the 5 star buff to skills is around 50% ish? This stacks with the buff for stats against enemy teems which was already quite powerful. So your 5 star guys can get close to 250 Armour per hit if that is their skill. Basically invincible.

henkus

PostWed 24 Feb 2016 19:22

Hehe, just for fun I sent out Borgrut alone in the level 10 final. He ended up winning with game with armour 2414 and str 372. :)
Previous

Return to News