It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 17:53

What do you think: ST and AR stats upgrade

• Author

Gozlekipu

Re: What do you think: ST and AR stats upgrade

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 23:34

You get a point :)
If truth be told, I don't think that they would be make them usefull.

But, aim for the stars, I always dream of some 15-stars-only league.
For that to work, low stars players should be quite balanced, otherwise they would be pick only to fill the roster (thus always Ritter Borgrut Gerhardt Zara Ivan) and again, choice would be an illusion.

But well, I think we're totally going out of topic here, but as opinions are always good to hear, I feel free to speak :)

Back on the topic now ; the more stats are up, the less skills are everything.
Skills vs team is wat would kill challenge and tactic. And choice. A game is nothing more than a succession of interresting choices.

smithsboys

PostThu 31 Mar 2016 02:42

I use the 2 star elf wardancer because I think he is better than some of the 5 star guys right now. Also some other 3 star players are solid.

But yer it is worth noting that a buff to 'higher coloured players' is an implicit buff to lower star players also because lower star players are generally better coloured than 5 star players due to needing less tokens.

Gozlekipu

PostThu 31 Mar 2016 08:51

smithsboys wrote:lower star players are generally better coloured than 5 star players due to needing less tokens.

...for a time :) When your firsts player hit yellow, yes. But sooner or later, as soon as the 5 stars players reach the pink/red at least, they'll go garbage.

BTW I also use Luaice because of the disbalance between skills. +AR on hit and -ST by zone are a winning combo. And the skills on KO are crappy. Bye bye Jordell. But I don't think there are other cases than this one.

But helas, we're again out of the topic :(
Dr. Ido wrote:We are considering the idea of increasing ST and AR of ALL the players in the game by 10% to 20%. This change wouldn't alter the balance between races and/or players, as everyone would have the same boost, but it would make the evolution of the player and their basic stats more important than it is today in regards to the skills.

We're about balance between stats and skills.
And on that point, it seems that everybody who's talking here quite agree.

As it seems some people would like to discuss other topics (about low level players, stats balancing). Another poll like this one would be very welcome :)

Dr.Ido

PostThu 31 Mar 2016 10:56

Thanks for posting your thoughts, that's very interesting. We need to consider all this before taking a decision.

Gozlekipu

PostThu 31 Mar 2016 15:59

You're still hiring someone for game designing ? Pick me, please :)

Dr.Ido

PostFri 1 Apr 2016 15:45

@Gozlekipu: no opening in GD at the moment but you can check our openings at all time here: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/jobs/
Previous

Return to News