It is currently Sun 17 Dec 2017 14:07

New chests timers

• Author

Dr.Ido

New chests timers

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 15:44

Hello everyone,

Starting now you will be able to open 10 free premium chests per day, with 1 hour between each.

On the other hand, the wait between each Giant chest is increased to one week.

The timers have all been changed automatically, for some of you this might have been quit frustrating to go from just a few minutes to wait to almost 5 days. To replace the Giant Chest that you were currently waiting for, we decided to give 500 Diamonds to everyone. To get the Diamonds, simply open the game and read the message in your mail box before april 15th 15:00 UTC+2.

Lee

Re: New chests timers

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 15:59

What a rubbish DOWNGRADE of an OK game.
Oh well I can free up a lot of space deleting this.
Seriously going from one Giant every 2 days to every 7 days is just really crap.
One free Giant is no reward. In the next 8 weeks I should have got
28 Giants, I will get just 8.
Load of Rubbish.

Belzmort

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 18:12

Let's face facts. this change is just a cynical cash grab from the devs. They must have realised that most players don't spend cash on chests, so have changed it, coupled with the recent ST changes, means the game goes from half decent, to a pay to win, must log on 10 times a day tedium.

Do they really think people want to log in 10 times a day? Do they think visiting 10 times just to open premium chests in some way makes up for the giant chest time change?

I will be keeping an eye on this, nothing changes, then the game will get deleted. Strange thing is, I was planning on spending cash after my next pay day, but no longer.

Aconite

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 20:59

When you changed the timers to a week last time you realised it was a mistake. What's now changed to make you think it might work this time? Hanging around a few minutes for smaller chests was ok, with it being an hour I'll probably only open two or three a day now. As others have said, this discourages play rather than encourage.

Grumch1604

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 21:25

It's too much for me, i'll delete the game !
Recently you increased the ST and AR cost, that was really hard for new players.
Then the competences in relation with the player's colon
Now the big chest once a week !!!
I was fond of this game, je suis écoeuré :evil:
I used to play bloodbowl for years and was happy when i found this game.
I'll forget it as developpers have killed it.
No greetings for developpers ....

Gozlekipu

PostFri 8 Apr 2016 23:21

The problem is not having less than before ; the problem is : reaching end players seems unpossible for new players (old ones did pay less token, less gold, and get more gold, tokens, XP).

I know what you think. "Then they will pays for it."
Maybe. Maybe not. In both case that's frustrating and that never bring anything good ; espessialy when everybody is already becomming annoyed with long-lasting issues (matchmaking, advices, defensive matches repartition...).

BTW, I still think that making the far away look even further won't do the trick. I'm a patient man :)

Dr.Ido

PostSat 9 Apr 2016 09:35

Hey,

i can understand how the change might be frustrating. We're trying to find the right balance between giving you enough free content for everyone to have fun while also making sure that purchasing diamonds to get extra content is interesting.

I'm sure you all understand that we wouldn't be able to keep the game running if no one was purchasing diamonds.

With this change we're indeed trying to make the giant chest more rare, but we're also giving away more premium chest because we still want free players to get content regularly.

Switching to one hour between chest instead of 10 minutes is a way to reward players who log in regularly thoughout the day.

You're right that this is not the first time that we try this, but last time we didn't change the premium chest timers (just adding a 6th one). Anyway, balancing a free to play economy involve a lot of trials and errors.

I fully understand how frustrating this can be for the players but the only way that the game can grow is by finding a way to keep free players happy while making purchase of Diamonds really interesting.

Gozlekipu

PostSat 9 Apr 2016 09:49

I may be rude, but isn't the root problem that Diamonds don't interrest people ?

mperor

PostSat 9 Apr 2016 10:44

Dr.Ido wrote:
Switching to one hour between chest instead of 10 minutes is a way to reward players who log in regularly thoughout the day.

Sorry, but I really don't understand why you would want to force us to log in ten times a day. What's wrong with logging in three or four times?

mperor

PostSat 9 Apr 2016 10:54

Gozlekipu wrote:I may be rude, but isn't the root problem that Diamonds don't interrest people ?

Gozlekipu is right (once more ;) ). Diamonds are probably just not worth any real money to most people. Suggestion: Make the game free till season 5 and have people pay 5 bucks or so to unlock the remaining higher leagues.
Last edited by mperor on Sat 9 Apr 2016 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to News