It is currently Sun 17 Dec 2017 14:07

Economy adjustments

• Author

Dr.Ido

Economy adjustments

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 15:44

Hello everyone,

I want to inform you in advance that next week we'll make a series of adjustments in the game economy. We will increase the gold prices for skill level and player evolution. It appears that these prices are mid-high level player have way too much gold in regard to what they actually need.

We will also reduce the Diamonds you receive daily, either for succesful defense, in the daily league reward or with the daily bonus. We came to the conclusion that we are giving way oo much Diamonds for free in the current state of the game and it makes them less desirable than they should be.

Expect these changes to start monday.

bowdy

Re: Economy adjustments

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 18:00

I'd prefer if you didn't do this, but increase the gold. I'm advancing skills on 4 races, and there's never enough gold.

Maybe what you would be better doing is making the other races attractive to play and then those players would have something to invest in.

Right now, humans are too strong and need there skills adjusted. The stats are not the problem. They have too many good start the match skills vs all in the 4 and 5 star players. Change those, and that race becomes less good vs all races.

mperor

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 18:13

Personally, I believe you will just succeed in scaring off even more players than with your previous 'improvements' of the chests timers. The problem is not the quantity of diamonds or gold in the game. It is what you can buy with diamonds or gold. Few people will pay real money for the remote chance of getting a handful of required tokens.

Gozlekipu

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 20:35

April's fool?
That game end make me think about my retirement. The close I come, the further it seems to be.

Just make diamonds worth it.

BTW, I think that a lot of people don't have fun anymore but are only waiting for new features right now. Showing you go the wrong way won't make their patience grow.
Last edited by Gozlekipu on Fri 15 Apr 2016 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Gozlekipu

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 21:39

Sorry for double post but I just can't believe you're so blind so let's open your eyes :

What do you get for 5 $ now ?
- random token. 10 tokens within 75 players when only 11 deserve it. Chances for russian roulette are the same.
- 300.000 gold. Just play 24h and get the same.
- 100 skills point. Skills point are no problems, only gold is so forget it.

What do you get for 300.000 gold ?
- 50 energy. 8 matches. What you get in 4 hours. Seriously ?
- 30 giant potions.
- players evolution. See below.

Now, how much gold require a player to be leveled from 1 to 100 ?
- about 3.000.000 gold for the three skills.
- about 600.000 gold in potions if you don't play with him.
- between 100.000 and 500.000 gold for upping colors (estimation).
So in total about 4.000.000 gold.

x5 players
x5 teams
100.000.000 gold
= 1666 $
(that's the requirements to cross the whole content to its end).

And that's now, before your gold cost increase.

Nonsense. Nonsense everywhere.

Juste propose us things that time can't pay for and we'll buy them.
But stop that madness of it will end by its own.
Last edited by Gozlekipu on Sat 16 Apr 2016 10:53, edited 3 times in total.

Gozlekipu

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 22:04

Tokens now.
- You get maximum 48 matches a day so 48 tokens of teams you choose,
- You get maximum and about 20 tokens a day of teams you don't choose with chests (assuming you get some x2 and even a x5).
So let's say 70 tokens a day mainly of chosen teams.

Great chests give you about - let's say - 35 tokens of teams you don't chose.

So if you only focus on 2 or three teams, that's 3 time worst that what you get daily.
But it cost 5$.

Calculation then. A day is 300.000 gold and 70 tokens. That's 20$.
Would you rather give 20$ or wait one more day farming/waiting?

Now, how many tokens are required for having à full yellow team ?
I don't even know. I've got about 4500 tokens with my human team and none of my 4 stars players are yellow. I'd say 5000 at least.
25.000 for the 5 teams.
= 715 giant chests
= 3500 $

Riot

PostFri 15 Apr 2016 22:26

I know the game requires investment but feel that this won't achieve that. As a newer player I experience many of the issues mentioned elsewhere and this will only add to my frustration. I regularly lose all my league games so gold is hard to come by but to my mind the but diamonds to get gold thing isn't worth it.
If my money could buy targeted (ie I choose) tokens or was worth more gold then I would rethink. This change will just diminsh my enjoyment of the game to the point where it won't be worth it anymore...
I don't normally moan about free stuff but felt much as Goz does so thought I'd share. If this came with the announcement that balance/matchups/another "champions league" was being sorted then I'd be happier...

PostSun 17 Apr 2016 22:09

Well what a surprise, another week, another change to the game for the sole reason to make the devs more money. Don't be fooled into thinking this change has anything to do with game balance. Nope this is just another prime example of the pure greed of the developers.

Now Games Workshop have a long standing reputation of upping the costs of products just for the sake of it and it appears they have have found the perfect developers to be their partners. They have produced an average game and now are doing anything and everything just to generate cash. No new game play, no new teams, no new strategy required. Just the need for cash.

We get it, cash. That's the only thing Dr Odo and his friends are interested in. If you're a new player and want to get on then be prepared to spend a lot of money. Otherwise new players move along, find a new game, but don't forget to give a "glowing review" on the App Store and Google play. If I could give the game zero star rating on Google play then I would.

bowdy

PostMon 18 Apr 2016 11:19

Guest wrote:Now Games Workshop have a long standing reputation of upping the costs of products just for the sake of it and it appears they have have found the perfect developers to be their partners.

Cyanide and GW go way back buddy - this wasn't some money grabbing afterthought by GW to strip us of cash. Cyanide orignally developed a game called chaos league that bore more than a striking similarity to Blood Bowl, and ended up developing the blood bowl game for GW when it got licensed. In a way, Cyanide found GW.

Dr.Ido

PostMon 18 Apr 2016 14:58

I think that Gozlekipu posts detailling how much you can get everyday just by playing the game show clearly that the game is rather generous indeed. The changes are not about making a quick cash grab, but rather adjusting the balance between the free content and the paid one, in order to make the game sustainable.
Next

Return to News