• Author

Gozlekipu

Re: Economy adjustments

PostTue 19 Apr 2016 10:56

Listen to me, I tell the future :)

You wanted to get more money ?
You failed.

What did you try to do that ?
You made the leveling a plague. You think that would make people want to pay to make it easier. You failed.
That did not improve the benefits of the paying content comparatively to the progression. So, people won't pay more than previously. Worse, new players would drop out because of increasing difficulty, which meant fewer people to pay.

What could you do instead ?
Improve the impact of the paying content.
- Get back the gold amount for leveling as previously,
- Let the diamonds gains as they are now if that fit you best,
- Listen to the community concerning the chests timer (ex. 20 min for the small and get the big back to 2 days),
- Triple (yes, triple) the diamonds when paying for.
5$ for a chest or 300.000 gold is too damn high. But for three chests or 900.000 gold ? And when a first payment get the double of it ?
Trust me, everyone will buy at least one of it.

Hey, what do you risk ?
- High-end players are already at the end of the game,
- Low level players won't reach them until months, what if that's a lil bit sooner,
- If unbalanced you'll get so many money you'll have enough fresh money to make some adjustments,
- If balanced, you win.

PS : plus, your recent change of not giving tokens to yellow players is great. I would personnaly add that one :
- double the season XP for players. Or set experience level regarding the number of stars, making one-star-players level faster. We would make them level, not only giving some more content and farm-time to the game, but most of all : when every one star players will be yellow (they already have enought token but levels are lacking), chest will have a greater potential. That won't be neglected by high-end-players, for whom chests are token wasting.

Aconite

PostTue 19 Apr 2016 14:49

The thinking regarding lengthening the timer between chests doesn't really work out.

You say it's because (the majority of) people only want to play a quick 5 minutes here or there... Well, they still could with the timers the way they were, which also works for those that only want to play for a few longer sessions. It's not like chests expired if you didn't open them, so they way it was previously worked perfectly well for both types of player.

The changes made, for me, just mean I will play less. A quick blast to get the league matches done, possibly a couple in season, then possibly if I get bored much later in the day, though unlikely. Certainly doesn't encourage me to want to pay for anything.

mperor

PostTue 19 Apr 2016 16:45

Thank you, Aconite, exactly what I think. But I give up discussing it here any further.

Dr.Ido

PostWed 20 Apr 2016 10:41

Interesting thread, I don't want to engage to much into the discussion because I know I could very well spend all my day arguing back and forth with you, but I read all your posts and some of the things you said are definetly worth thinking about.

Gozlekipu

PostWed 20 Apr 2016 11:35

That's appreciated :)

Some polls like the one you did with users stats would be very welcome too.

_y_

Re: Economy adjustments-boycot one week

PostWed 20 Apr 2016 22:30

this is just miserable
blew through 300K in 20 minutes when the hike happened.

look, for mid level players, legendary league is already a tedious grind as covered in other threads
no hope of getting past all the level 100 orcs except by sneaking a runner past
winning one match a day at most for months.
finally have a mid level human team which will take out orcs soon and it's 30K per primary skill point
that's 150K to level the team one point (not to mention extra for secondary skills)!
as soon as i start beating orcs, i see nothing but level 100 humans etc
the cash hit only worsens the drudgery of the grind

i'll be boycotting for 1 wk
hopefully you'll reduce the cost of leveling.

bowdy

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 00:21

Boycotts do nothing, discussion does.

I've been playing this game since the start, and although I've thought about paying, there is no real incentive to do so. I can't buy what I really want with diamonds - to selectively choose tokens for individual players, to change the colours of my team, to make make a custom team badge, to customise individual players stats. Sacrifice one stat for another for instance.

Also the game lacks alternate strategies other than to bashing your way to a win, so there's no metagame as such. Rock paper scissors is fine, but the races are imbalanced anyway.

_y_

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 02:27

bowdy wrote:Boycotts do nothing, discussion does.

I've been playing this game since the start, and although I've thought about paying, there is no real incentive to do so. I can't buy what I really want with diamonds - to selectively choose tokens for individual players, to change the colours of my team, to make make a custom team badge, to customise individual players stats. Sacrifice one stat for another for instance.

Also the game lacks alternate strategies other than to bashing your way to a win, so there's no metagame as such. Rock paper scissors is fine, but the races are imbalanced anyway.

Money talks
boycotting now, walking away if there's not change
just gave game 1 star in google play

the price for player advancement is too high at this point, and inconceivable at level 99

played for free in the beginning, then started to purchase gems every few weeks as i think it's worth supporting. a bit of a contrary, but made it all the way to the division 1 finals using mostly a skaven passing team, though required humans to bash thru the final orcs and orcs to get thru the dwarf teams

_y_

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 02:48

3 more google play ratings today
all 1 star
hope dev is reading

Dr.Ido

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 09:31

Hey,

We're reading indeed.

I think, one of the issue is that today, playing in league is the only way to get significant amount of gold. This was intended to make the league mode interesting, but it appears to be quite frustrating instead for many players. It also generates inequalities between players, the ones with the best teams win more often and get more gold, thus being able to improve their team.

We won't reverse the change of price for the skill level up but we will increase the gold reward for season matches. The idea is to still make it an effort to level up skill but giving a more reliable way to get gold than league games.
PreviousNext

Return to News