It is currently Fri 20 Oct 2017 14:49

Economy adjustments

• Author

bowdy

Re: Economy adjustments

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 16:26

I think this has been a good improvement.

I know you're still working on your model, and you're getting a lot of varying opinions.

In a way I feel slightly guilty for asking for changes/stuff when I've not made any purchases (but that's partially due to financial constraints of starting a family), but I have made micro purchases in other games. I just feel the diamonds in themselves buy nothing I want that I can't get by waiting. I'm a patient man, I can wait a long time.

If I were you I'd consider adding stuff like items that can only be bought, like helmets with extra armour and gloves with extra strength, that can be added to players to boost their stats. Maybe they'd have a limited number of uses before breaking. They could be added to players to help out in league matches, and that'd really also go some way to redress the balance for people struggling with league play.

Going this way you'd probably have to stop giving out free diamonds and give out coins/potions again.

Gozlekipu

PostThu 21 Apr 2016 16:55

New players : be happy. Now you'll get twice more money until season 9. If you ever reach it.

Let's see the impact. We now get some 60.000 more gold everyday, which is what... 20% of what we currently does (assuming we play against crappy dwarves and skavens 5 stars teams). Regarding the 200% increasing of all the gold costs ?
Thanks for the peanuts.

Concerning your proposal Bowdy. Don't exhaust yourself, they don't care :)
I already tried months, months ago :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93
And nobody gave a fuck since then.

Gozlekipu

PostFri 22 Apr 2016 08:30

Just noticed the improvement of the chest content.
I think that some sense has been giving to the update with that.
However, I do not think the 90% for 5-stars is working. Or that's 4 and 5 stars ?

Yet I still don't know if I would pay for something that I'll get later and then arriving sooner at the very end of the game, there where I'll probably get bored.

Small note ; shouldn' gold buying be increased also ?

lldavej

PostFri 22 Apr 2016 16:31

I would be way more motivated to buy gems, if there were race specific and/or star specific chests.

Of course, more races would have to be implemented over time.

Furthermore, if you do not intend to increase the level cap some day, please calculate the tokens a player needs to get to yellow and then stop dropping further tokens. Now you have to update all the useless sub-4 star players to yellow to stop getting tokens.

_y_

PostSat 23 Apr 2016 03:09

Dr.Ido wrote:Hey,

We're reading indeed.

I think, one of the issue is that today, playing in league is the only way to get significant amount of gold. This was intended to make the league mode interesting, but it appears to be quite frustrating instead for many players. It also generates inequalities between players, the ones with the best teams win more often and get more gold, thus being able to improve their team.

We won't reverse the change of price for the skill level up but we will increase the gold reward for season matches. The idea is to still make it an effort to level up skill but giving a more reliable way to get gold than league games.

thanks
mid level seems viable now
updating google play review
and buying a few diamonds to celebrate ;)

PostSun 24 Apr 2016 19:22

_y_ wrote:

We're reading indeed.

I think, one of the issue is that today, playing in league is the only way to get significant amount of gold. This was intended to make the league mode interesting, but it appears to be quite frustrating instead for many players. It also generates inequalities between players, the ones with the best teams win more often and get more gold, thus being able to improve their team.

We won't reverse the change of price for the skill level up but we will increase the gold reward for season matches. The idea is to still make it an effort to level up skill but giving a more reliable way to get gold than league games.

thanks

OK after another day or so of play, i think it still need some tweaking
still plowing through way too much cash including all the diamonds from yesterday
either more cash for higher level or less gold for leveling.

_y_

PostWed 27 Apr 2016 04:54

Guest wrote:
_y_ wrote:

We're reading indeed.

thanks

OK after another day or so of play, i think it still need some tweaking
still plowing through way too much cash including all the diamonds from yesterday
either more cash for higher level or less gold for leveling.

looks like it's going to cost about $5 per day at level 50 so far
which is still a bit expensive
back to 1 star at google plus

Gozlekipu

PostWed 27 Apr 2016 23:40

Give as much stars on Google Play as you want but stop burying the conversation with that layer of quotes...
And stop changing your mind every single day :) Looks like you could work on chest timers with them !

Gozlekipu

PostSat 30 Apr 2016 09:52

So, what is the feedback two weeks after that change ?

I mean, for the dev team. I know what it does to players.

Riot

PostSat 30 Apr 2016 11:04

I actually didn't find it as bad as I thought (but I think I had already broken the two week 'legend is impossible' spell). I still haven't spent any money though because it's still not worth doing...
If we got more gold for our £ then maybe I'd consider it more...
PreviousNext

Return to News