It is currently Thu 14 Dec 2017 10:23

Upcoming change in season matches reward

• Author

Dr.Ido

Upcoming change in season matches reward

PostWed 1 Jun 2016 11:33

UPDATE CANCELED: We won't push this update, after a lot of testing and adjustments we're still not happy with the overall feeling. When I announced it last week we thought we could find a way to solve the remaining issues, but we didn't. We are still working on the issue of making it more rewarding to climb up the division in the season mode, we have others ideas.
-----------------------

Hello everyone,

We've been working on the reward system of the season mode to make it more interesting to climb up the divisions.

Currently, you get the best available drop as early as division 10 and the main reason to progress in the mode is to unlock new races. Unlocking extra 4 and 5 stars matches is also important but depending on the race you're playing you can get a lot of them very early.

We will change several things :
1/ you'll have a chance to gell all players from the race on all the matches vs. the race, regardless of the star level of the match, but
2/ the drop rate of higher star players will increase as the star level of the match increases, and
3/ the probability of getting X2, X5 and even X10 tokens will also increase with the star level of the match.

Overall it will be more difficult to get 5 stars players in the early division and easier in the end divisions. We believe it will be a good change, rewarding players for climbing up the division.

Expect this to be live sometime next week.

Gozlekipu

Re: Upcoming change in season matches reward

PostWed 1 Jun 2016 17:52

It could be a good change.

But, as new players already complain (and they're right) that the game is too hard for them, that will only increase the gap size between them and us (end game players).

If I agree with the fact that that change is logical, it will not act in the right way.

mperor

PostWed 1 Jun 2016 21:43

It sounds like a moneymaker for seasoned players. Very soon my elves team will be all level 100 yellow like my orcs and humans. My skaven will achieve the same in a few weeks (not that there is any use for them in the game, but it will look nice). So if I understand those upcoming changes correctly all I will do after implementation is playing season 1 and 2 matches against skaven and dwarfs, which will earn me a lot more money than the current farming in season 1 through 6 five star matches while hopefully achieving the same gain in useful tokens as I have now. Not sure this is intended?!

Gozlekipu

PostThu 2 Jun 2016 08:15

You're right.

If chances to get interresting matches gains (token quality and amount) increase by both seasons advancement AND stars level of matches, that's beginning to be a boost to end game players which will farm season 10, and a nerf for lower players.

But the question is now, will the 4 and 3 stars season 10 matches be as interresting as the 5 stars season 9 and 8 ?
For gold, indeed. For tokens now ?

Dr.Ido

PostThu 2 Jun 2016 10:15

It will be a slight boost to end players, don't forget that the goal of this change is to create an incentive for players to climb up the division in season mode, so obviously, we had to make sure that you could get something nicer at the end than what you get at the beginning.

To be honnest, we always felt that there was something wrong with the current state, were you unlocked the best possible matches for human an orcs as early as division 10.

Gozlekipu

PostThu 2 Jun 2016 14:14

Dr.Ido wrote:you unlocked the best possible matches for human an orcs as early as division 10.

Well, you unlocked 12 matches a day (which only use a quarter of your energy points), that gave a very small amount of money.
That didn't need to be lowered.

Are there really people who don't want to progress in seasons ?
Well, seems to me it's another try to make people pay for going further in the game by lowering their progress, as it has been done with the increase of the skills costs.

Scarro

PostSun 26 Jun 2016 00:50

Should reverse these changes high level players don't need to spend money.its us new players that need to be inspired to spend.but even as a hard blood bowl fan I find this game lacks any incentive to rise.except to get new races.but I love my human team.if my intention is to play really hard to make that team great.im still playing hard shouldn't I be rewarded too.

Paneto

PostTue 18 Jul 2017 09:18

Gozlekipu wrote:
Dr.Ido wrote:you unlocked the best possible matches for human an orcs as early as division 10.

Well, you unlocked 12 matches a day (which only use a quarter of your energy points), that gave a very small amount of money.
That didn't need to be lowered.

You're right. Makes sense when you put it like that.

Return to News