It is currently Mon 24 Sep 2018 12:05

Diamonds to costly

Talk about Blood Bowl: Kerrunch
  • Author

Bawdeeployal

Diamonds to costly

PostFri 12 Feb 2016 12:33

Am I the only one that thinks £68.66 for 25k diamonds seems extremely costly? Putting things into perspective, thats 1/4th the cost of a Playstation 4!

I bought the Bloodbowl PC game for something like £10 years ago which has far better in game content/play with all functions fully unlocked.

Clearly cash for diamonds is warrented to pay devs but for gods sake people lets be reasonable. Lets take the £13.68 for 4.4k diamonds for instance. You could easily eat through this in a days game play by either buying large chests (only allows for 9 in total) or gold for upgrading SPPs or a mix of both.

I like this game for what it is......a hand held smart phone game which passes time on the train. There is no way for me to fully committ to this game with the price of diamonds. Its just frustrating. Lower the price of diamonds and you unlock potential for people to fully enjoy the game. As for now I'll be playing BB on my PC.

mperor

Re: Diamonds to costly

PostFri 12 Feb 2016 12:49

That's probably the whole problem of the game. There is nothing useful to buy ingame. Why should you spend loads of money on the remote chance of getting a couple of tokens faster than you can in a few days or weeks of grinding? Meaning - there is no big money coming in, the devs are starving, and there are no resources to make the game more attractive by reworking the poor balancing or adding cool new content. A slow death eventually. :(

Bawdeeployal

PostFri 12 Feb 2016 13:03

Exactly. I'd bet there would be a lot more cash generated by lowering in game prices for diamonds thus unlocking potential for further development which seems to be what everyone is asking for (more competitions, increase game board dimensions to make runners more effective etc etc. Lets face it......there is no point in having a Skaven team that gets constantly pounded because their runners dont have a look in).

Gozlekipu

PostFri 12 Feb 2016 16:08

They still have to make some investment before getting any return on it...
Let's hope they don't do it wrong, and don't turn it into some pay to win.

I suggested some things here :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93

Mainly, adding some "trophies" when buying diamonds, that you can't win another way, and which allow to do greater things.
Such as : unlock special players, access new leagues (15 stars), get skills changes for players, change team colors (good idea from Zelash), that kind of things.
Double effect ; paying would become usefull (but not pay to win), and that will increase game potential and diversity (other players, 15 stars league would request to play with low star players, ...).

BTW, diamonds are not espessialy costly. It's just that they deserve nothing. DeserveD maybe, 'cause now the devs are trying to make us starve on gold, XP, ... as well.

Return to General