It is currently Mon 16 Jul 2018 20:08

Teams/skills still not balanced

Talk about Blood Bowl: Kerrunch
  • Author

henkus

Teams/skills still not balanced

PostWed 16 Mar 2016 15:54

After the skill-update, I feel that the teams are still not balanced. I have no knowledge about skaven or dwarf teams since noome plays them on high level.
Personally, I have more or less maxed out human and elf teams. My feeling is that the humans are currently overpowered compared to the other teams. They have too many great start-of-match and on-hit skills.
The rock-scissor-paper mechanic is supposed to make sure that an inferior human team should have a chance against a stronger orc team, and the same for elves on humans.
In my opinion, a human team can beat a orc team that is WAY higher in level and skills. I could probably win against an all-yellow orc team by sending out 2-3 humans (Borgrut is stupid strong against orcs).
On the other hand, my elves team struggles to win against humans. If I face on-level opposition, and need to get lucky and sneak a runner through to win. I need to face lower level humans to be able to out-bash them.

Gozlekipu

Re: Teams/skills still not balanced

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 10:03

True.

I may go against full yellow ork teams with only Morg, Gerhardt and 3 dumbass 1 star player and win, with nothing more than orange.

Oppositely, I frequently fail with my elve team (mostly red/orange btw) against human teams, even if not fully yellow.

The reason?
- Humans are going with 3x5 stars & 2x4 stars without any garbage skills.
- Elves can't ;
--- Going for stars, they has to hire at least one catcher/thrower, wich are still worst than others due to agility and movement, and get three "on KO" skills which are bad (one is on Brim Aureyaur, the weakest linemen in Kerrunch history ; what are his chances to knock someone out ?)
--- Going for skills, they go with the two treemen and two wardancers 2 and 3 stars, so 5 stars in total are lacking in the team comparatively to the human one.

So I'd say, problems are :
- on KO skills. They has the same effect as on hit, but only on KO, so what did you expect ?
- throwers/catchers that are weakest. That wouldn't be harming if they were not so dumb, making us afraid to play the ball.

That's the problem for every team imho, not only elves, exeption made to humans.

PS : I know Borgrut also get that "on KO" skill, but strong as he is, that's less unconveniant as me may trigger it sooner.

smithsboys

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 14:07

I think those three teams are moderately balanced in a rock/paper/scissors.

Orcs absolutely dominates elves, easily the most one sided of the three matchups, impossible to lose.

Humans very easily beats Orcs, basically impossible to lose.

Wood elves quite easily beat Humans, although it is the hardest of the three matchups and the only one you have to think about how to deploy your guys. No disrespect but you guys might be choosing the wrong guys or somthing?

If you were going to buff any of the three teams it would certainty be wood elves, although I don't think it is strictly necessary and actually the wrong way to look at things. I think the woodelf vs human matchup is in the right place in terms of difficulty, if I were to do anything it would be reducing the lopsidedness of orcs vs wood elf and humans vs orcs.

Gozlekipu

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 17:11

Do orks break elves so easily ?

I'm surprised, because elves have much more skills against orks than orks have against elves.
Orks are not meant to be so strong against elves ; don't you forget dwarves and skavens in the ring ?
But I must confess I never tried the facing in league.

But you're right. Humans are way too strong, resulting in no challenge. And maybe elves are balanced.
I was just pointing out why they were weaker comparatively.
Never said it was unpossible nor was complaining btw ^^

bowdy

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 20:32

In the Elves vs Humans matchup I'm using the 2 treemen, wardancers Luaice (her skills against Humans are incredible) and Naiethanel as they have on hit skills compared to knocked down skills on Jordell, and thrower End Talu who has 2 great start of the match skills while he sits in the corner with his 80-odd movement ready to make a dash to the line if he needs to. This team from level 50 and purple was able to smash any maxed out human team in league play. It comes down to the players you use with Elves vs Humans. That's 1 5-star, 2 4-stars, a 3 and a 2 star.

I tried Orcs against Elves a few times and I found it tough when they first fixed the on hit around skill. I think that should be changed back to the one square around that it originally was now that the bug was fixed. Not sure why they haven't changed it back.

mperor

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 21:40

Anyone played orcs against elves with fully maxed Morkk in the back? I suppose with him on the team the elves' skills against opponents around can be overcome. I'll try next week and tell you...

smithsboys

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 22:38

mperor wrote:Anyone played orcs against elves with fully maxed Morkk in the back? I suppose with him on the team the elves' skills against opponents around can be overcome. I'll try next week and tell you...

That is the key yes, he is so powerful that I have had for some time a suspicion that he might actually be bugged. He is that powerful.

smithsboys

PostSun 10 Apr 2016 23:40

I did a video, against yellow/orange humans with woodelves ending on all above 50%. Hope that helps if your having trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtBVbo ... e=youtu.be

mperor

PostMon 11 Apr 2016 06:23

smithsboys wrote:
mperor wrote:Anyone played orcs against elves with fully maxed Morkk in the back? I suppose with him on the team the elves' skills against opponents around can be overcome. I'll try next week and tell you...

That is the key yes, he is so powerful that I have had for some time a suspicion that he might actually be bugged. He is that powerful.

Indeed, piece of cake, I should have tried earlier. :D

mperor

PostMon 11 Apr 2016 17:36

smithsboys wrote:

Actually, he is bugged. Orcs gain +500 ST with Morkk's anti elves skill on level 50. :D

Return to General