It is currently Sat 17 Nov 2018 04:37

League levels?

Talk about Blood Bowl: Kerrunch
  • Author

bowdy

League levels?

PostSun 8 Nov 2015 06:32

Ok so you start off in "ROOKIE" and go to "LEGEND". What the the levels in between?

I see the top 3 scrolling on the app at the top - where are the tables shown?

Maldoror

Re: League levels?

PostMon 9 Nov 2015 17:50

They are not actually.

After the different STAR leagues, you've got the MASTER.

I met a kiwi once, NZ sinister I think, but he was Lvl 41 when I was around 26, it was in STAR league but about 10 days ago

Dr.Ido

PostTue 10 Nov 2015 10:48

Hi,

There are 15 leagues in all :
Rookie
Pro I, Pro II, Pro III
Veteran I, Veteran II, Veteran III
Star I, Star II, Star III
Champion I, Champion II, Champion III
Master

And then Legend.

Once in Legend you are ranked based on your points (work the same as medals) won in the last seven days.

Maldoror

PostFri 13 Nov 2015 13:02

I reached again Legend this morning and it told me I was 11th.

Then when I checked again on the League's page, it's telling me that I am 18066/18883. Which one is correct? :)

Also, can you lose medals when people defeat your team (when you are not connected and playing defensively only)?
I already accesses to Legend a week ago but had to do all the previous leagues again the day after even without losing a game)

Not asking for anything, just would like to understand how it work :)

Dr.Ido

PostMon 16 Nov 2015 17:50

Sorry I missed your message.
You don't lose medal when people defeat your team. If you're in the legend league I assume the proper ranking is 11th (18066 would be strange).

Can you tell me what ranking is shown today ?

Populus

PostTue 17 Nov 2015 12:21

I've been asking myself the same question...
How does this work?
It says i'm actually first but i don't know why, i was 3th two days ago but i don't see how i can get ahead other people by gaining medals...
Maybe it considers team strength?
My team actually is:
5 star Troll: blue
5 star blizzer: green
5 star lineman: blue
4 star troll: purple
4 star blizzer: blue

henkus

PostTue 17 Nov 2015 15:02

It says you're first on my client as well Polpulus, so I guess you have to trust that ;)
I think the answer to your question was posted by Ido in this thread:
"Once in Legend you are ranked based on your points (work the same as medals) won in the last seven days.".
Maybe the guys that were top 2 lost some games or were unable to play at all, causing them to drop ranking.

One strange thing I've noticed with the matchmaking: It seems to be different opponents depending not only on which league your in, but also at which star you're positioned. I had a lot of trouble clearing the last two stars at champion III - only levelled up Orc teams. As soon as I dropped down to the third star the "bad" teams started showing up again. And now I've played the first 6 stars at master, all of them against really bad teams. Strange...

Aconite

PostTue 17 Nov 2015 18:17

henkus wrote:One strange thing I've noticed with the matchmaking: It seems to be different opponents depending not only on which league your in, but also at which star you're positioned. I had a lot of trouble clearing the last two stars at champion III - only levelled up Orc teams. As soon as I dropped down to the third star the "bad" teams started showing up again. And now I've played the first 6 stars at master, all of them against really bad teams. Strange...

I'd agree with this. Does seem that the teams you face are very strictly found on the medal level in the leagues. The last match is pretty much guaranteed to be against Orcs with two trolls, whereas the first medal I've played in the last few has been against pretty much undeveloped teams (I'm guessing people who started playing the game early so we're able to advance before there were tough teams to face...)

PostTue 17 Nov 2015 19:59

Aconite wrote:
henkus wrote:One strange thing I've noticed with the matchmaking: It seems to be different opponents depending not only on which league your in, but also at which star you're positioned. I had a lot of trouble clearing the last two stars at champion III - only levelled up Orc teams. As soon as I dropped down to the third star the "bad" teams started showing up again. And now I've played the first 6 stars at master, all of them against really bad teams. Strange...

I'd agree with this. Does seem that the teams you face are very strictly found on the medal level in the leagues. The last match is pretty much guaranteed to be against Orcs with two trolls, whereas the first medal I've played in the last few has been against pretty much undeveloped teams (I'm guessing people who started playing the game early so we're able to advance before there were tough teams to face...)

To me, it seems it gives you an impossible match and an easy match alternatingly. It can be pretty maddening when the game decides "this match you're going to lose", and no amount of trying for another team results in anything but an impossibly strong team.

And then, after you lose that one, it seems to say "oh, now we'll give you a trivial team" instead. It's virtually never an even match. That's an incredibly stupid design.

Maldoror

PostWed 18 Nov 2015 11:35

I'm in Legend and just facing top 20 teams so 19 orcs :D

I noticed the same thing than you but not anymore in Legend (always facing the same teams now)
Next

Return to General