It is currently Sun 17 Dec 2017 14:17

Dwarves

Talk about Blood Bowl: Kerrunch
  • Author
Frustrated BB player

Dwarves

PostThu 7 Jan 2016 00:13

How come that Dwarves that are recital enemies of Orks doesn't have any skill that affects them.
And generally only have crap skills. Seriously, a Slayer with a plus to agility upon ko. Reduces str on opponents when he catches a pass. A pass?!? Seriously? How many dwarf posters manage to send a pass before they are dead?
The only dwarves that have anything close to a OK skill have so crappy everything else that it doesn't matter because none world take those players anyways.

Please please please, PLEASE!! Make the dwarf skill decent, or at least maybe half as good as the orks.

smithsboys

Re: Dwarves

PostThu 28 Jan 2016 00:26

Yes its doesn't really fit the theme or law of warhammer but each race has strong skills against teams to the right of them on the order, humans> orks> dwarves > skaven > wood elves > human.

I think it is fair to say that dwarves are also a life long enemy of skaven so it would be a bit inbalanced if they had strong skills against orks and skaven. The main problem of course is that the skaven team is so weak which in turn makes the dwarves irrelevant.

Gozlekipu

PostFri 29 Jan 2016 14:22

Yeah, that logical of humain > orks > dwarves > ... is quite irrevelant imho.

Plus, there is a side effect.
- Everyone have a good orc team, because they're strong agains campagin mode,
- Everybody have a good humain team, because they're strong against orks - that populate league mode,
- Nobody plays elves because, because it has to be said, they're so weak and their abilities are unsignifiant,
- Nobody plays skavens for the same reasons,
- Nobody plays dwarves because the two teams that they're good against are weak enough to be defeated by any team.

And then, the side effect is : if you play human in league, you can't be defeated.
Sounds great ? No. Because nothing will play against you.
So if you want some diamonds, you HAVE to set orcs in your defence team. They will be always crushed down, but SOMETIMES they could win.

5 teams to be chosen ?
No. Orcs in season. Orcs in defence. Human in offence. That's all.

mperor

PostFri 29 Jan 2016 15:12

Your last words are an excellent summary. Unfortunately, that's all the game is about. Still, it's fun, but I'm really not sure how long it will last especially for the high end players. Some have already dropped out...

smithsboys

PostSat 30 Jan 2016 03:54

Yer you guys are both right for sure. Possibly a good solution would be to make dwarves strong against humans and then we would at least have a 'complete' bash meta to play around with.

The two running teams (elves, shaven ) would be offense only teams at that point. Unless maybe you give their catchers a 'fumble on hit' ability like stripball?

Gozlekipu

PostSat 30 Jan 2016 10:26

I think the solution is :
- balance teams (stripping stupid abilities),
- avoid changing of opponent (who not always skip human teams ?).
(But don't avoid changing opponent before balancing teams or you'll mess up everything. Nobody to 0 medails !)

In terms of development that involve nothing. But surely with a better result than playing endlessely with chests and tokens amounts.

And then, players will all take humans as défense 'cause they won't be able to be skipped, then skavs and elves will appear, and dwares will shine against them.
That's the way to go.

And then, launch the 15-stars-only league and the game is a full success. It doesn't lack much for that.
What we need is end game content. Not a bigger time to reach it.

henkus

PostSun 31 Jan 2016 01:01

Gozlekipu wrote:And then, the side effect is : if you play human in league, you can't be defeated.
Sounds great ? No. Because nothing will play against you.
So if you want some diamonds, you HAVE to set orcs in your defence team. They will be always crushed down, but SOMETIMES they could win.

This is not entirely true. More and more top players place humans as defence (I think there's about 4 top 20 teams now). Once nr of defense humans reach a critical mass (lets say 75%+ percent), the orc teams will lose cash each league game, by having to skip more than 3 times on average. This will drastically turn around the metagame. I.e. if you have a decennt human team, you shouldn't listen to the advice to place orcs as defense. I have humans as defense, and today I got 9 successful defenses...

Gozlekipu

PostSun 31 Jan 2016 12:59

I hadn't got a single defence message in months with my beter human team (purple->red). Since I placed my "tease me" ork team (green->pink) I get two or three a day. They abilities are maxed to 76 (m'y level) so I assume they look like an easier game that they are.
But well, I follow your advice. Let's hop they will not be skipped as I personnaly would... At my great shame ^^

smithsboys

PostSun 31 Jan 2016 15:58

Yer I swapped teams a few times, always more diamonds with Orcs.

Maldoror

PostMon 1 Feb 2016 14:47

Currently at #1 ranking, I do almost exactly as explained here over : Humans & Orks in Campaign / Humans in Offence League / Orks in Defense League.

The only main difference is that I always attack humans with my humans, never skip. Easier for me to try as few players are Lvl 97 or close to it
Next

Return to General