It is currently Sun 19 Nov 2017 20:04

What do you think: ST and AR stats upgrade

• Author

Dr.Ido

What do you think: ST and AR stats upgrade

PostTue 29 Mar 2016 14:58

EDIT : We will push a change soon to increase the ST and AR of all players. The increase will affect all status but will be stronger for higher status.

I will close the survey (anyway we are not enough to make it relevant) but you can still comment.

Expect the change later today of tomorrow.

Hello everyone,

We are very happy with the effects of our recent change to the player skills, but we are wondering if today, skills are not too important vs. the base stats of the players.
We are considering the idea of increasing ST and AR of ALL the players in the game by 10% to 20%. This change wouldn't alter the balance between races and/or players, as everyone would have the same boost, but it would make the evolution of the player and their basic stats more important than it is today in regards to the skills.

Tell us what you think ?

mperor

Re: What do you think: ST and AR stats upgrade

PostTue 29 Mar 2016 15:57

What about rather a multiplier of AR and ST skills based on player level? I think it might be worth considering, though it will probably raise some more balancing issues.

smithsboys

PostTue 29 Mar 2016 16:54

Seems reasonable, yellow evolution takes a loooong time and the benefit is small.

Gozlekipu

PostTue 29 Mar 2016 18:41

Good idea.

Because now, as long as your team is quite good and is defined as "strong against" the one you're facing, you can't lose. And that because of the skills.
Stats are not dependant on those "strong against".

Because what when you'll have 5 good teams ? You always win ?
And that's close enough to happens. Right now, only elves can't be beaten. When everybody will have a skaven team...

But I like mperor idea. Which counter-balance the skills impact per level.

Dr.Ido

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 11:18

@mperor,Gozlekipu : just to be sure, what you're suggesting that we increase the ST and AR for all level but with a bigger increase for higher levels. For example : +5% for green up to +20% for yellow. This is something that we've also been thinking about, it does seem to make a lot of sense

mperor

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 12:05

Dr. Ido, let me explain my suggestion. I imagine a system like this: I probably wouldn't change the base character stats for the various levels. What I am referring to is just the skills you can level up for each place from 1 to 100. I would add a multiplier to these values. White level 1,0. Green level 1,1. Light Blue level 1,2. Purple level 1,3. Pink level 1,4. Red level 1,5. Orange level 1,625. Yellow level 1,75. Or something like this. But I must admit I haven't thought through all implications to the end. There might be negative side effects for balancing I missed... It just looked worth to be considered to me.

Gozlekipu

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 13:32

I didn't get it either.
But that version doesn't suit me well, because I think (as I explained) that skills have too much impact right now, and that would only give them more.

Also, I think that the gap between each stars is too high.
If you think of giving a bonus to each player, give :
5 stars : +20%
4 stars : +25%
3 stars : +30%
2 stars : +35%
1 stars : +40%
So people could begin to look at their low stars players and what they could do. Now they're just... Bad, unseen, and useless.

mperor

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 14:26

@Gozlekipu: I can see why you are suggesting to give bonuses to players like this. But I think this would just mean making all players less distinguishable. You would achieve the same effect of increasing low star players' value the way I propose while also giving more meaning to colour level evolution, thus adding more depth and tactics to the game. A 1* yellow player with x1,75 stats might well be preferable to a 5* white player with x1,0 stats as I suggested.

Gozlekipu

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 17:44

I agree with your proposition. But I don't see the meaning of it, except that it give advantage to better-colored players on lower colored ; then :
- strong teams are even stronger,
- leveling teams may use their lower-star players.

I don't think that giving advantage to already best teams is the purpose ; but helping low-star players, that do I find great. But why only while leveling ('cause sooner or later they all will be yellow) ?

If the escalation with color is not wished by the team, but they care about low-star players, and they already plan to up some stats, I'd say, why not giving them a beter boost instead of just a boost ? ^^

Some theorycrafting (but a bit off-topic).
Currently, a star's value is two colors. You'll never have more than 4 different colors in your team by token's lack.
ie :
    White 5 stars = 1 color + (5 stars)*2 = 11 "player value"
    Purple 1 stars = 4 colors+ (1 star)*2 = 8 "player value"

Furthermore, skills effects on 4 & 5 stars are 150%, making them even better.
So, never, you would want to use a low star instead of a high star player, regardless of the skills.

I think that the dev have to do something for that low stars players, because that's unused content right now.

mperor

PostWed 30 Mar 2016 20:47

Some interesting considerations of yours. However, I don't really share your intention of raising low star players' value so much. It is only natural that high star players are the ones of choice for advanced gameplay. Low star players should be useful for early and mid gameplay only, so their value should be raised somewhat (through my proposed method or another), but not as much as to make them equals for high star players.
Next

Return to News