It is currently Mon 17 Dec 2018 00:52

Legend league let down

Talk about Blood Bowl: Kerrunch
  • Author

mperor

Re: Legend league let down

PostTue 15 Mar 2016 17:57

Back then when I began playing this addictive game I concentrated on my orc team due to their powerful big guys. It worked well for a while until I realized almost everyone had a powerful orc team and I couldn't beat most of them anymore because basically it's always 4 vs. 5. That's when I started developing a strong human team. Now I've got both a near fully max level orc and human team, and I am beginning to wish I had invested more into elves and skaven so I could take on high level human and elves teams, too. To cut it short, in hindsight it might have been wiser to not focus on a certain race, but grow five good teams. But I guess that's too expensive nowadays. So I would recommend - start with the race you prefer, but don't neglect all others later in the game.

PostWed 16 Mar 2016 10:04

Come on Cyanide! You're at risk of losing players if this isn't rectified. Split the leagues some more. Have a legend 1 for lvl 25-50, legend 2 for lvl 51 -75 etc.

I even tried giving myself a rubbish defence team in the hopes i would fall down the ranks and start facing lower level players and that doesnt work either.

Moocow

PostThu 17 Mar 2016 03:41

Mid level maxed humans get crushed by yellow orc teams. Trust me.

ixi08

PostThu 17 Mar 2016 17:07

Invité wrote:Come on Cyanide! You're at risk of losing players if this isn't rectified. Split the leagues some more. Have a legend 1 for lvl 25-50, legend 2 for lvl 51 -75 etc.

I even tried giving myself a rubbish defence team in the hopes i would fall down the ranks and start facing lower level players and that doesnt work either.

yes I play Skaven 2 or 3 star, WHITE, and I make in defense !!

Moocow

PostFri 18 Mar 2016 02:31

Honestly, this issue will eventually cause me to stop playing. This just isn't fun

mperor

PostSat 19 Mar 2016 10:06

I think this game is really hard to balance properly. As it is now legend league is apparently a real fun killer for newer players. But you also can't just simply divide legend league further. If you'd only put let's say all coaches above level 75 in one 'ultra' legend league and so on I suppose they would hardly have any successful defenses anymore. Suppose you would also have to remove the change team option then.

PostTue 22 Mar 2016 01:28

Mperor, I see your point. Maybe my solution was too simplistic. I know that there HAS to be a way.

Interestingly - I finished yesterday with 0 medals. I've noticed that if I hit 0 medals then my next team is a nice 2star blue team - a fairly easy win for me. So I figured starting with 0 medals I should be able to win a few matches today. However when the new day began (23.00 gmt at the moment) I was rather surprised that I miraculously had 4 medals. How do I get 4 medals in 30 seconds? I didnt get any gems for a successful defense. It just doesnt make sense to me.

Moocow

PostTue 22 Mar 2016 02:50

They give you 5 every day.

Honestly, the league gets worse every day. The top teams literally get better by doing nothing other than sitting there. More diamonds and gold for nothing. No way for a new player to get anywhere.

I win maybe 2 out of 5 I n a good day on pure guile.

mperor

PostTue 22 Mar 2016 09:31

My suggestion to solve the legend league let down is to divide coaches into tiers for legend league:

Coach level
1-20... Tier 5
21-40... Tier 4
41-60... Tier 3
61-80... Tier 2
81-100... Tier 1

For the daily 5 matches your opponents would be fully randomly picked from the different tiers like this:

Tier 5: 3x Tier 5, 1x Tier 4, 1x Tier 3
Tier 4: 2x Tier 5, 1x Tier 4, 1x Tier 3, 1x Tier 2
Tier 3: 1x each Tier
Tier 2: 1x Tier 4, 1x Tier 3, 1x Tier 2, 2x Tier 1
Tier 1: 1x Tier 3, 1x Tier 2, 3x Tier 1

Switching opponents shouldn't be allowed in Tiers 3, 2 and 1.

I suppose this system or something alike would give newer players a good chance to develop their teams while not completely killing the chance of getting successful defenses for top players. Of course the 'random' match making within the outlined restrictions would be vital. Currently, missing randomness is one of the key problems.

PostTue 22 Mar 2016 15:39

Moocow wrote:They give you 5 every day.

Not sure this is a good idea. Another way of keeping the lil guys at the bottom.

Moocow wrote:I win maybe 2 out of 5 I n a good day on pure guile.

Yeah... thank goodness for my sneaky goblin.

An interesting idea, mperor! Much better than the current system IMO.

Would be great to hear from developers. Some end users here who are keen to help improve the game.
PreviousNext

Return to General